Plant Healthcare Technician
Reports to Department Manager
Summary of Job Function:
The major objective of the Plant Healthcare Technician position is to perform ornamental and turf applications in accordance with daily production standards. This is achieved by positively motivating other applicators through exemplary work habits, follow-through of daily and weekly assignments set by the facility chemical supervisor, establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with your manager and with property/project managers as required, keeping the manager informed of progress and problems on the job site, ensure quality of work being performed according to Apex Landscaping standards, and follow through with accurate paperwork on a daily basis. The technician will also maintain a positive image for Apex Landscaping in the field and in the industry.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must be able to operate all equipment for extended periods of time. Required Experience & License:
- Knowledgeable of pest management techniques and pest biology
- Knowledgeable of the safe application of chemical pesticides
- Knowledgeable of State laws restricting the use of certain pest control techniques in some areas
- Good communication skills, interact with clients face to face
- Strong Plant identification skills and experience with reading chemical labels
- Landscape and/or lawn care field experience.
- Horticultural knowledge.
- Ability to communicate in English/Spanish.·
- Able to move around safe & quickly with the ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Minimum 2 years of interior work experience
- Hold a current or prior Illinois Pesticide Applicator or Operator General Standards License
- Must have class “C” license at a minimum with clear driving record· CDL license a plus
- Have a working smartphone
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Energetic self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Service and teamwork-oriented
- Technically competent and skilled
- Results and action-oriented
- Sales and growth-oriented
- Effective problem-solving skills, ability to handle adversity
- Ability to participate in and absorb continuous applicator training
Job Type: Seasonal with Full-time hours, including Holiday and some Saturdays