Plant Healthcare Supervisor
Website Apex Landscaping
Plant Healthcare Supervisor
The Plant Healthcare Supervisor is responsible for the successful day-to-day operations of the business and managing a team of Plant Healthcare Technicians. The Plant Healthcare Supervisor is committed to and responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service, ensuring customer retention and managing costs, maintaining technology tools, and tracking product inventory.
• Meet or exceed client retention goals by efficiently managing team expectations and day-to-day business execution.
· Complete turf and ornamental applications utilizing departmental standard operating procedures within proper application time frames.
· Training existing employees, interviewing and hiring new employees.
• Plant Healthcare Technicians, leadership, and management to include: customer service best practices, promoting and following safety procedures, ensuring all PPE is being worn, understanding product label instructions and implementing fleet management, scheduling and interviewing for a new hire.
· Office Staff leadership and management to include customer service best practices, cohesive working relationships, leveraging technology tools and people skills to provide outstanding customer service, CRM management (Dynascape), and upkeep.
· Use independent judgment to develop creative solutions to problems that may arise during a workday.
• Maintain fleet of vehicles, ensuring: regularly scheduled maintenance, cleanliness, accurate stocking requirements, and key tracking.
• Track, order, and stock appropriate products and inventory to maintain cost goals and ensure minimum day-to-day needs are available.
• Execute, track, and analyze marketing initiatives/investments to determine ROI and plan for future initiatives.
• Provide timely reporting as needed
· Meet or exceed production timelines and goals.
· Organize equipment, materials, and labor to efficiently complete projects set by your supervisor during the landscape and snow removal seasons.
· Coordinate daily activities under changing circumstances.
· Assume responsibility for ensuring the overall quality and precision of all work at the job sites, including attending to the details
· Mix and safely apply chemicals according to product label specifications.
· Train technicians and applicators that, while applying product to properties, observe and diagnose other needs. Notify your manager of any unusual or drastic changes in properties. Notify your manager, the maintenance production manager, and the account manager responsible for the property of your observations.
· Handle customer complaints with tact and notify your Manager of the complaint.
· Project a positive image to the outside in your representation of the Company.
· Comply with all departmental and overall Company policies and procedures. Departmental procedures include proper utilization of the wash water rinse areas.
· Responsible for the timely reporting of timesheets, and other required paperwork.
· Communicate effectively with your Manager, Production Managers, Fleet Manager, Mechanics, and Clients: Project/Property Managers.
· Maintains cleanliness and safety of the vehicle and any assigned equipment.
· Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of truck and trailer on a daily basis.
· Efficiently route and schedule work on a daily basis to ensure applications are on a timely basis.
· Responsible for working in a safe manner and reporting any problems to your Manager.
· Report all equipment problems to your Manager and to the shop for repair.
· Manage monthly inventory count as needed.
· Manage snow crews during snow removal season.
· Other duties as assigned
· Provide feedback and suggestions for continuous improvement of departmental standard operating procedures, equipment, and material utilization, etc.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Outstanding and effective team leadership skills, including training and standards accountability.
• Demonstrated passion for excellent customer service.
• Effectively present information in one-on-one and small-group situations.
• Previous pest control business management (preferred).
• Ability to create and execute a daily/weekly/monthly organizational structure to achieve goals.
• Ability to execute structure within company requirements.
• Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain a positive attitude.
• Knowledge of and desire to learn and leverage technology.
• Be the subject matter expert on PHC/Turf Healthcare; and Mosquito abatement solutions offerings and processes.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
· Must be able to operate all equipment for extended periods of time.
· Drive Truck/Trailer ATV
· Maintain Operator General Standards License and any required licensing requirements for the job functions of the Plant Healthcare Supervisor.
· Strong Plant identification skills and experience with the ability to read and understand chemical labels
· Landscape and/or lawn care field experience.
· Horticultural knowledge.
· Ability to communicate in English.
· Drive Snow Plow Truck during snow removal season
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Sitting in a vehicle driving to job sites. Walking, stooping, bending, lifting, squatting, reaching, and flexing of the hands, wrists, and fingers.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Maybe subject to an on-site drug test