The Construction Supervisor will oversee the activities, production, and schedule of the assigned operating shift.
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains new hourly staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Manages the crews through hardscape construction projects that can include outdoor areas e.g. walkways; pavers; and patios or other outdoor enhancements to existing grounds, irrigation, and other such horticultural duties.
- Schedules crews in accordance to project requirements.
- Trains new hourly staff in proper safety techniques, operating machinery, and time efficiency processes.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves delays in shift operations, ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Informs production planning department, relevant management, and other stakeholders of delays.
- Facilitates maintenance and repairs to equipment.
- Works with Operations Manager and other leaders to identify and address inefficiencies and opportunities for cost reduction.
- Manage Tree Planting crews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management of snow crews during snow season including assessment of skills level to work snow season.. Contacting crewmembers, assigning equipment, managing timesheets, evaluating the performance of snow removal services including snowplow, shoveling, machine operator, and salting.
- May be required to plow or salt when needed.
- Operations of machinery e.g. Skid Steers, chippers, and Dingo.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of operations policies and practices.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Read, Write & Speak
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree in Project Management preferred
- Exceptional work experience with the company preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License – Class A preferred
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to traverse the operations facility.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Valid Driver’s License – Must meet insurance underwriting requirements