The Accounting Specialist will oversee and direct all general accounting activities, including the maintenance of accounting systems and standards and the delivery of key financial management reports. Will oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections.
- Oversees general accounting department systems, policies, practices, and procedures.
- Preparation of required financial reports.
- Improves and implements financial controls, ensuring accurate control and accounting of assets and accounts.
- Assists auditors in gathering and providing information and documents needed for inquiries.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in the accounting profession; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement process and policy changes.
- Accounts Payable – the process of all vendor payables.
- Accounts Receivable – the process of all customer invoicing and receivables.
- Collections – the collections of delinquent accounts.
- General Ledger -general ledger journal entries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Thorough understanding of cost accounting principles and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of maintaining sensitive company financial information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn the accounting software used by the organization. Quick Book software experience is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- At least five years of general accounting experience.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.